How to use dynamic lock in windows 10? Dynamic Lock automatically can locks your Windows 10 PC when you’re not around based the proximity of a Bluetooth-paired phone. If your Bluetooth-paired phone is not found near your PC, Windows turns off the screen and locks the PC after 30 seconds. Additionally, you can use participating Windows Hello companion devices to lock your PC or tablet.
How to control Dynamic lock Windows 10
- On your Windows 10 PC, select the Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Scroll down, then under Dynamic lock, select Allow Windows to detect when you’re away and automatically lock the device.
- You have two options for setting up Dynamic lock:
- Use Bluetooth to pair your phone with your PC. Once they’re paired, take your phone with you when you walk away, and your PC will automatically lock a minute or so after you’re out of Bluetooth range.
- Configure Dynamic lock using the Windows Hello companion device app. This app is available in Microsoft Store.
With Bluetooth you can use all sorts of wireless devices with your Windows PC, Bluetooth headphones, speakers, phones, etc. Let’s pairing your Bluetooth device with your PC. The way you do this depends on the kind of Bluetooth device you’re using. Follow methods below.
To connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or other device
- Turn on your device and make it discoverable.
- Select the Start button > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth > select the device > Pair.
- Follow any more instructions if they appear.
To connect a Bluetooth headset, speaker, or other audio device
- Turn on your Bluetooth audio device and make it discoverable.The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer’s website to learn how.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your PC if it’s not on already. To do this, on the taskbar, select action center > Bluetooth.
- In action center, select Connect > the device name.
- Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you’re done and connected.
Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.