The Orientation of Home window in your Windows 10 desktop can using the small device in hand and choose to work on portrait, also you may choose to use the device in landscape mode. Whatever it for you is easier to use the Windows 10 desktop, either in portrait or landscape, So Microsoft has added a feature in Windows 10 as well to adjust the orientation accordingly.
See also: Making your Windows 10 like a Tablet
In the desktop device windows 10, the default orientation is landscape but you may change it to portrait if you want. So i will show you how to fix any problem in changing the orientation, lets check steps in below.
- Click Windows Logo > Settings.
- Click System.
- If your desktop like picture above, ‘Landscape’ is current choice in the Orientation.
- If you want to see the other options of orientation or to change the current orientation of Landscape, tap the ‘Landscape’ in the ‘Orientation’ popup menu. It will expand the ‘Orientation’ popup menu.
- On expanded ‘Orientation’ popup menu, see there are 4 different options for the orientation:
- Flipped Landscape
- Flipped Portrait
- If you want to change the orientation to ‘Portrait’ from current ‘Landscape’ orientation, tap the ‘Portrait’ then click Apply.
- If the orientation is changed accidently, experimentally or the user could not decide to keep the changes within 12 seconds, the orientation will be reverted to the previous orientation after 12 seconds.
- If you want to keep the display settings, including orientation, you may tap the ‘Keep changes’ button to confirm the changes and the changes will be retained by Windows 10.
- If you want to revert to the previous settings, tap the ‘Revert’ button and the Windows 10 go back to the previous settings and the Landscape orientation will be restored in this case.