Get Help with Notepad in Windows 10 like where location Notepad on Windows 10? Notepad.exe is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. The program has a visible for windows and also is a trustworthy file from Microsoft.
Notepad is an application that allows you to create and edit XML documents quickly and easily. With this tool, the structure of your XML data is displayed graphically in a tree structure. The interface presents two panes: one for the structure, and one for the values. You may add elements, attributes, comments, and text to the XML document by creating the tree structure in the left pane and entering values in the right pane’s corresponding text boxes.
How to Open Notepad in Windows 10
To open Notepad, search “notepad” then you can find it.Note: If your Windows/PC/Laptop can’t find Notepad, you can download XML Notepad 2007.
How to use Notepad to create an XML document
- Change Root_Element to Catalog and Child_Element to Book, and add an attribute and three child elements to the Book child element.NOTE: When you insert the following values, do not include apostrophes. XML Notepad inserts them for you as your XML document requires.
- To insert an attribute for Book, right-click Book, point to Insert, and click Attribute. Next to the cube icon, type ID. To insert a value for this attribute, highlight ID and type Bk101 in the corresponding text box in the Values pane.
- To insert a child element for Book, right-click the folder icon next to Book, point to Insert, and click Child Element. A leaf icon appears. Type Author next to this icon, and then type Gambardella, Matthew in the corresponding text box in the Values pane.
- Add two more child elements: Title and Genre. Type XML Developer’s Guide and
Computer in the corresponding text boxes in the Values pane.
- To add another Book child element to the Root node, right-click an existing Book element and click Duplicate. Fill in the values as needed.
- To add text to existing elements, highlight the node for which you would like to add a text node. On the Insert menu, click Text.
- To add comments to existing elements, highlight the node after which or in which you want to insert the comment. On the Insert menu, click Comment. If the highlighted node is expanded, the comment is inserted within the highlighted node. If the highlighted node is collapsed, the comment is inserted after the highlighted node.
- To change a node’s type, highlight the node that you want to change. On the Tools menu, point to Change To and click the appropriate type.
NOTE: You cannot change the type of the root node or of nodes with children.
- To view the XML source of the document, on the View menu, click Source. The sample output resembles the following:
<catalog> <book id="bk101"> <author>Gambardella, Matthew</author> <title>XML Developer's Guide</title> <genre>Computer</genre> text1 </book> <!--Comment1--> <book id="bk102"> <!--Comment2--> <author>Ralls, Kim</author> <title>Midnight Rain</title> <genre>Fantasy</genre> </book> </catalog>
Note the following message at the bottom of the View window:
The current XML definition is well formed.
Also, note that the XML declaration or processing instructions must be added with an external editor, such as Notepad.
- To save the XML document, on the File menu, click Save. To exit XML Notepad, on the File menu, click Exit.
How to Change Header and Footer Commands in Notepad
On Notepad in Windows 10, you can remove or change headers and footers. The default header and footer settings in Notepad are:
- Headers: &f
- Footers: Page &p
These commands give you the title of the document on the top of the page and a page number at the bottom.
Note: If the formatting code is not the first item in the Header text box, your header is centered regardless of the formatting codes you use. For example, to align a title to the left side of the page, use &lTitle text.
- Choose Page Setup from the File menu and enter the desired command(s) in the Header and Footer text boxes. Here’s a short list of header and footer commands:
Command Action ------- -------------------------------------- &l Left-align the characters that follow &c Center the characters that follow &r Right-align the characters that follow &d Print the current date &t Print the current time &f Print the name of the document &p Print the page number
- In the appropriate box, insert the header or footer text you want to display. (If you leave the Header or Footer text box empty, no header or footer will print.)
How to Use Notepad to Create a Log File
- Click Start > point to Programs > point to Accessories > click Notepad.
- Type .LOG on the first line > press ENTER to move to the next line.
- On the File menu, click Save As, type a descriptive name for your file in the File name box, and then click OK. When you next open the file, note that the date and time have been appended to the end of the log, immediately preceding the place where new text can be added. You can use this functionality to automatically add the current date and time to each log entry.
How to Print from Notepad
- Open the text file.
- Click File > Print or press Ctrl + P.
In Select printer, choose your printer; then, click Apply, and then print.
- You can also right-click the text file; then, click Print.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License. Download Notepad ++ for Windows 10
Setting Up Notepad++
- Open Notepad++.
- Delete any text currently in Notepad++. Because usually see some developer notes here, so just highlight and delete them.
Review Notepad++ settings. Look over the settings in the middle of the window, or click a tab on the left side of the Preferences window to change the category of settings that you’re viewing.
How to Uninstall Notepad++
- Open Settings. press Windows key + I > Apps.
- On Apps & features, scroll down then find Notepad++. Click icon > Uninstall.