The meaning of error “Service registration is missing or corrupt” is a common Windows Update error in Windows 10.You need to fix this error on your own because Windows Update troubleshooter is unable to fix it. You can follow methods here to fix Service registration is missing or corrupt in Windows 10.
Start Windows Update Related Services
- Press Windows key + R then type services.msc then click OK.
- Scroll down then double click on Windows Update.
- Set Startup type to Automatic and click Apply.
- You can Stop it then Restart again.
OK, after it you can Troubleshoot Windows Update
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down then click Update & security.
- Click Troubleshoot then Windows Update.
- On Windows Update click Run Troubleshooter.
- Wait Detecting problems. (use admin)
- Click Apply this Fix and wait process.
- Close Troubleshooter then Restart PC.