Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1803 Failed to Install or get stuck when downloading because your Windows need more free space.
- Please make sure that your Windows 10 device has enough space. Your Windows requires at least 16 GB of free space to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS. See: How to free up drive space in Windows 10.
- Unplug extra hardware on Windows 10. Remove all external storage devices and drives, docks, and other hardware you might have plugged into your device that isn’t needed for basic functionality.
- Repair hard-drive errors Windows 10. Select the Start button > search command prompt > click Command Prompt from the list of results. In the window that pops up, type chkdsk/f C: > Enter. Repairs automatically start on your hard drive, and you’ll be asked to restart your device.
- Restore and repair system files Windows 10. Select the Start button > search command prompt > click Command Prompt from the list of results. In the window that pops up, type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and Enter.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Windows Update.Uninstall and Reinstall Windows Update for Windows 10 is not recommended but can to Repair Windows 10 Update if you are having an issue with an installed update.
Simple method to free up space your Windows 10:
- Press Windows key + I > System.
- Click Storage > Free up space now.
- Select file to remove > Click Remove files.
- Restart your PC then Check update again.
- If you get Option to check issue, click it then follow instruction.
Note: Many reasons when receive an error message when upgrading or installing Windows 10 1803. Don’t worry, common errors can be fixed with a few steps. See: Windows 10 Update Failed to Install