Hibernate is kind of a mix between a traditional shut down and sleep mode for Windows 10. You can easily use hibernation instead of the shutdown command and your PC will still be powered off. So the hibernation mode in Windows 10 is very useful and time-saving as you don’t have to close your open documents and apps before powering off the system to resume your work the next time exactly where you stopped. So Hibernate unlike sleep mode, it doesn’t use any power, but it does take longer to start up again.
Here is how to add the Hibernate command to Start Menu in Windows 10, lets follow step by step.
- Click on Cortana and search “control panel“.
- Navigate Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do“.
- Click the Change Settings that are currently unavailable link.
- The Shutdown options will become editable. Check the option there called Hibernate (Show in Power menu).
- Click Save change.
- To check hibernate setting is done, click windows logo and click power. See picture above.