Microsoft KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316) has released on February 12, 2019. Microsoft will release an update directly to the Windows Update Client to improve Windows Update reliability on Microsoft HoloLens that have not updated to this most recent OS Build.
This cumulative update KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316) will brings several improvements, like:
- Addresses an issue that fails to set the LmCompatibilityLevel value correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies the authentication mode and session security.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database fails to open with the error, “Unrecognized Database Format”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge from loading webpages using a local IP address or a VPN connection.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sign-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server domain controllers (DC) are used for authentication. The error is, “That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a different method to sign in”. If Active Directory (AD) activity tracing is enabled, a Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) exception may occur in the Windows 2019 DC when processing a user’s sign in.
Note: The AD Data Collector Set and Microsoft Azure Advanced Threat Protection (AATP) enable Active Directory activity tracing by default.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass the lock screen sign in process in some work flows.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Windows App Platform and Frameworks.
So if you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, the first character of the Japanese era name is not recognized as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.||Modify the registry with the two-character abbreviation for Japanese eras as follows:
“1868 01 01″=”明治_明_Meiji_M”
“1912 07 30″=”大正_大_Taisho_T”
“1926 12 25″=”昭和_昭_Showa_S”
“1989 01 08″=”平成_平_Heisei_H”
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to get Windows 10 Update KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316)
How to get Windows 10 Update KB4487044 from Microsoft Update Catalog
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Search KB4487044.
- Choose for your Windows type > Download.
- After complete, install on your Windows/PC/Laptop then install.
Note: Before installing this update, Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes.