Learn How to Restart & Reset Windows 10 Mobile to fix some problems on your phone, like phone stops working or not responding like it used to, you can restart it to get back response.
Press and hold the Power button until a Slide down to power off message appears on-screen, then swipe down. It usually takes about three seconds for the message to appear. After it, press the Power button to turn your phone back on.
But if that doesn’t work, you can press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds), then release the buttons. After it, your phone will restart automatically.
After your phone vibrate as you press the Volume down and Power buttons, wait to release the buttons until you feel the second vibration 10 to 15 seconds later. If you don’t let go of the buttons immediately after the vibration at 10 to 15 seconds, your phone may show a black startup screen instead of restarting normally. So if that happens, try pressing the button combo again.
But not all phones can restart this way, so check with your phone’s manufacturer to find out how to force a restart.
Oh ya, If your phone has a replaceable battery, you can also restart your phone by removing and reinserting the battery, and then pressing the Power button to turn on your phone.
How to Reset Windows 10 Mobile
After resetting your Windows phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on (Like New).
Note: All of your personal content will be erased, and the phone will be restored to its factory settings. So if you will to reset your phone, you can back up apps, text messages, and more in the cloud beforehand.
Reset your phone
- On Start , swipe over to the All apps list > Settings .
- Select System > About > Reset your phone.
- You’ll receive two warnings. If you’re absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, select Yes, then select Yes again. It might take a little while for the process to complete.
If your phone is unresponsive and you can’t reach Settings , you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Lumia phones (and some others), use the following procedure to reset your phone.
Reset an unresponsive phone
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
- When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
Warning: Resetting your Mobile phone will erase all content stored on your phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos, and more.