How to Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Before Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10, make sure .NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel. .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows 10 and provides common functionality for those applications to run. Normally, before running/installing such applications, we need to enable .NET Framework from the Control Panel on the computer. So, you may first check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in the Control Panel on Windows 10 Technical Preview and if available, you may enable it from the Control Panel to install it on the computer. To check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel and to enable it, please follow these steps:
- Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.
- In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.
- If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.
This will install the .NET Framework 3.5 feature on the computer. There is also another way by which .NET Framework 3.5 gets installed on the computer. This is done by the apps on demand.
If an app requires the .NET Framework 3.5, but doesn’t find that version enabled on your computer, it displays the prompt for installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on demand, either during installation, or when you run the app for the first time after its installation. In this prompt, you can choose the option “Install this feature” to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 on the computer.
If .NET Framework Installation Error 0x800736B4, follow this steps to Install .NET Framework 4.6 in Windows 10
Please check .NET framework 4.6 is already installed and available or not for Windows 10.
- To check this press Windows key +X.
- Click on ‘Programs and features‘.
- Then click on “Turn Windows features on or OFF” in the left pane.
- Now check if the .NET framework 4.6 option is checked.
.Net Framework get install along with Window installation. This issue may arise if there is some corruption in .Net Framework file while installation. I suggest you to try downloading and installing .NET Framework 4.6 manually, please go to here.