Fix Runtime Broker (runtimebroker.exe) Windows 10 needed because high CPU or using too much memory on your PC/Computer. What is Runtime Broker? is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC/Computer for apps from Microsoft Store. A faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more because wheres it should only use a few megabytes of memory.
See also: How to free up drive space in Windows 10
So if your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, Maybe an app the cause of the problem.
1. How to Fix Runtime Broker (runtimebroker.exe) Windows 10
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delt to open Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If its using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC.
- To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select Runtime Broker in the list.
- select End task to close Runtime Broker
- Restart your computer.
2. Fix runbroker.exe on Windows 10 from Registry Editor
- Press Win key + R then type regedit.exe.
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBrokerSvc
- Right click on Start then click Modify.
- Replace 3 with 4.
- Click OK.
- Close Regedit then Reboot your system.
Before: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] “Start”=dword:00000003
After: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker] “Start”=dword:000000034
info: 4 is Disabled, 3 is Manual and 2 is Automatic startup.
Note: After this edit, Runtime Broker no longer runs and the CPU only 0 to 1 or 2 percent. No adverse affects after disabling Runtime Broker on system. (But Disabling Runtime Broker can prevent apps from the Microsoft Store not running).