Fix Error “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer” in Windows 10
If you find an error This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer when you open PowerShell or other applications in Windows 10, there may be some things that might be the cause:
- The account you are using has no privilege to run the application, it may have been disabled by the administrator. Contact your administrator immediately to grant access to the tools and apps.
- Your computer is exposed to a virus that blocks access to that application or tool. See: Best Antivirus Software for Windows 10
If you encounter this problem, you can try with steps fix this error from Group Policy below.
- Search gpedit.msc on Cortana and open it.
- Open User Configuration> Administrative Templates> System> on the right there is the Do not run specified Windows applications setting.
- Double click the setting and change it to Not Configured then click OK.
OK, i hope can help you to fix “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer” in your Windows 10 PC/Laptop.